LitOut #10 : For Her

For Her 

YEAR 2005-2011
When life is all well, we do face
some sadness. “Hey, meghu didi” she would call out. Her glowing happy face
would make me too very happy. Whatever it may be, when I’m studying or any
other time. She would love the time when I would study. She would get happiness
when I would get angry, she loved it, yeah. One day was studying when she came
to meet me; in fact she always comes when I’m studying, to tell I’ll always be
studying. “Dhuck,” she dashed on the bed, where I was studying, Maths. She
hated maths, I knew, she wanted me to close the book and play, mummy wished the
same. I had opened the chapter, “Special Products as Identities” the one she
didn’t like. She closed the book and pulled me out. “Its holidays’, why do you
want to study”
“I was not studying, just going
through the pages. Missing them a lot!” I argued.
“Aboochcha” she said. “Okay now
come!” without me saying anything, she pulled me out in the scorching sun. It
was, may be, 12:00pm. “It’s so sunny” I demanded. “No probs!!” she said coolly.
“OKAY!!” I said and went out to
play with her.
We always spent summers, rainy
and winters together. Whether it was exams or anything, she always visited me.

I loved her and did the same to me. We were always together. Even in school we were branded with the name “2 Intelligent Sisters!” We would then go and clear the misconception that we were COUSINS, though we weren’t really.
“What? Cousins..?” they would talk.
 “Mother’s side or Father’s side?” and we would reply Father’s side, so as to show that we were closely related.
 “Oh! Father’s side! How?” and we would reply, “father’s uncle’s son’s daughter” though totally not true. Since she was the only child, just like me, we were more closely attached than just Cousins.

She was good in studies, but once she started getting attracted to her friends more, and more of all the Idiot Box. I can tell her list of serials. They’re:

Saath nibhana saathiya
Sasural genda phool
Diya aur bati hum
Iss pyar ko kya naam Doon
Eek haazaron mein meri behana
Gulal
Paarvarish
Bade acche lagte hain
Kya hua tera vaada
Dekha ek khwaab
Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma....


Ahh, i wonder how she used to love to watch so many serials. In fact these are less, I couldn’t remember all! Due to this attraction, she stopped concentrating in her studies. Every evening
she would go out to play with her juniors, even during exams (sometimes). I told her countless times, her parents told her, “stop TV and study!!” No! She wouldn’t listen. She was addicted to TV and
started taking matters lightly.

YEAR 2012

February

It was this year that I got the shock of my life. May be it was February, yeah, she came over and told mum and me that she was leaving the school.
 “WHAT??” I said shockingly. “Comm’on, t’day isn’t April 1st to fool me. Yeah” I was laughing. But she was serious.
“See Meghana didi, you may think I’m fooling you, but I’m not. You will know it on April 5th.” She added. I still didn’t believe her and took it light.

March

Ahh, final exams were up! March 21st, the beginning of exams and ARIES. That’s why I considered Final exams to be lucky for me!! I had easily studied, without any BURDEN, and completed all of
the very nicely. I used to ask her how she had attempted and she always replied, “Awesomely!”

April

April 4th was my last exam and I was pretty excited. That day, we had a small party in van, by HER.
She did it as it was her last day in van. Yeah. She was really leaving the school, going to hostel. This news, which turned true, shocked everyone, even the van driver.
It didn’t change anything for me. She was still with me, and I was happy, not worried with the news of the Hostel. That day, meant on 4th, there were heavy rains, the first rains in secunderabad. I realized that they came for HER, making me strongly to believe that she was really leaving. So I
went to her house, to talk to her. Her dad and papa had also come there. Papa told that we could go to McDonald’s as a treat for me and more for her. We got dressed and went there. We had lots of fun there, ate:

Mc Veggie
Frenchies (French Fries)
Yummy Walnut
Brownie Ice Cream....
Also took many photos eating and with Ronald McDonald!!!.

The next day, 5th April, we both went for Mini shopping at around 12:30pm to some nearby shops. We shopped:

SHE:
earrings, necklace, clutches, rubber bands, nail paints, rings, chips, ice cream, milk shakes....

ME: chips, cornetto, ice cream...

Evening we went out to play with another girl, a close buddy, Farah. Even she was shocked hearing this news. I mean, we three were so close and always sang the song, “Hum honge saath saath, na chodenge haath...” but now this song couldn’t be sung. We tried to enjoy every second that day with her. Farah commented, “1 hour will be like 1 day” and I added saying, “Yeah. You are right!!” But she was happy, very happy about it. She herself wished to study in a Residential School .Farah had many songs in her mobile and she played all HER favourite songs. Then I played her all time favourite song ‘ON THE FLOOR’ by Jennifer Lopez from my iPad. Time went, we never realized. It was 8:30pm and we all had to go back home. Every morning, dad went for walking. Even I thought to join him at 6:00am as she would be leaving her home then. Just before I left, I checked my mobile, saw 2 messages unread. I guessed it was her’s. It read, both of them were almost similar. They were:

“Bye! I’ll miss u a lot, lot! Be happy! I’ll be back very soon” on April 5th , 2012 at 22:49:36

“Bye!” On April 6th, 2012 at 06:12:36.

I was almost in tears when I read this. Till yesterday, I felt nothing, but 6th, changed my life. I
told mamma and she suggested me to go to her house and meet her. Then I took some of the Herschel’s chocolates for her and reached her home. She was all set, ready for her new school.
I gave her the chocolates. Dad too was there, actually came to see our home (we are renovating it.). Since my home was opposite to her’s, I waited till she left her home. I was in her house then, tears rolling down my face. She never noticed it till we left the house, and loaded her luggage in her car. She saw me and told, “Hey, why are you crying? I’m not going out of station forever, naa! IL call you when I reach there. Please don’t cry!” she said. “il be back on 22nd April!!” she said, which controlled my tears. Even her granny was in tears. She said, “It is like a happy face, not
there with me. But I’m happy; she will study well and become very intelligent!” She sat in her car, opened the window, told a Happy Bye! Soon, the car disappeared out of my sight!

That day, I was very upset, not knowing what to do. I spoke to Farah in the evening, of what happened in the morning. Even she was very sad. WAITING EAGERLY FOR 22nd APRIL 2012,
for me sweetest friend, cousin and a loving sister.
About Her:
NAME: P M DHANASHREE
CLASS: VII
SCHOOL: [from ST. Ann’s High School (ICSE)] KENNEDY HIGH the global school. (CBSE)

LitOut  is a collection of blogs written on literary perspective, to inspire, motivate and share ideas across wonderful thoughts. It is a conversation, not a code. Blogs are whatever we make them; defining it would be a fool's errand. And it is hard because of the grind required to stay interesting and relevant. If you wish to comment/ contact/ collaborate/ help us reach to more voices, do take a little effort to simply put a message via our comment box or through the contact form in the left side menu (3 bar option click on the top left of the Home page). We respect your ideas and thoughts. 

Inspire, Share and Motivate | LitOut  

All the works of text, art and visual content solely belong to this blog Compartir Experiencias. Any Copyright Infringement without the prior permission of the creator is punishable. 

All Rights Reserved. ©  

Comments