Poetico #4 : Walked Away


Walked Away



Art by Meghana 

A silent mourn when I was born,
I was nothing to them, but a thorn.
Forewarn about a life of strife,
Never did I receive the kiss of life. 


With every improper grade,
I received was a series of abrade.
A degree they desired in my name,
Was all I was expected to do for their fame.


The scars all over my skin,
Bearing every bedevil deep within.
How long could I stay, but not succumb,
All I did was just stay mum.


The foolhardy society that I tried to fit,
So easily treated me like shit.
Blamed and tore down my innocence,
All I could do was just take them as lessons.


I counted every drop of that young blood,
That flushed out of me in a flood.
Blemish, melancholy and anguish had cast,
How long would I not live, but last? 


How I wish somebody understood,
It would be worth my livelihood.
None dropped by even a little bit,
Was this all I could receive from life? Dammit. 


As I lay on the couch, curled,
Thinking about this merciless world.
Torn and shattered, as I lay,
No ounce of happy could make me stay.


I knew I was tired,
Deep within, my heart fired.
I kept my body and soul at bay,
And finally walked away. 

29.11.18


Poetico is a collection of poems that reflects different genres. As we ought to believe, a pen is mightier than a sword, let's allow our voices and thoughts to put our words into actions. If you wish to comment/ contact/ collaborate/ help us reach to more voices, do take a little effort to simply put a message via our comment box or through the contact form in the left side menu (3 bar option click on the top left of the Home page). We respect your ideas and thoughts. 

Hoping to bring out the colours of your creative minds | Poetico 

All the works of text, art and visual content solely belong to this blog Compartir Experiencias. Any Copyright Infringement without the prior permission of the creator is punishable. 

All Rights Reserved. © 

Comments

  1. Lines are very beautifully articulated in the English version while kannada version doesn't have proper rhymings........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try the Google translate version or Poetico #4.1 ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely written friend !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment